The Institute for Tourism Professional is a Higher, vocational and tertiary level professional organisation, established to furnish the industry with professional personnel who can provide good quality standard of products and services.
Committed to supporting and promoting the Hospitality and Tourism Profession by developing, certifying and connecting Practitioners, the Institute for Tourism Professionals is mandated to:
- Provide education and membership structure aimed at guaranteeing excellent standards of service within Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
- Promote professional ethics and efficiency in tourism administration and practice.
- Provide accreditation, education, and certification in all branches of Hospitality and Tourism, thought, philosophy or endeavour and provide for the giving and holding of lectures, scholarships, exhibitions, meetings and classes for the promotion and advancement of vocational and academic education and research studies.
- Provide Continuous Professional Development, Commercial and Industrial training for Employment, whether general, technical or professional.
- Provide for the examination assessment and certification of individuals receiving instruction through organisation either by its own examiners or by outside boards of examiners or public or educational bodies, validating, accreditation, assessing, professional and learned bodies.
The institute is committed to the UNWTO Global Code of Ethics for Tourism, and have taken cognizance of the Statutes of the World Tourism Organization.