The Code of Conduct:
- sets out the professional standards required by ITPN as a condition of membership;
- applies to all members, irrespective of their membership grade, the role they fulfil, or the jurisdiction where they are employed or discharge their contractual obligations.
- governs the conduct of the individual as a Tourism Practitioner
- Members are expected to exercise their own judgment (which should be made in such a way as to be reasonably justified) to meet the requirements of the code and seek advice if in doubt.
All members of the Institute shall, in pursuing the profession of tourism practice:
- Give balanced advice to the client about the assignment that is purposeful and relevant to achieving its objectives;
- maintain high standards of personal conduct and integrity;
exercise independence of thought and action and in particular put the interests of the clients
Breaches of the Code of Conduct
If a member of ITPN should know of, or become aware of, any breach of this Code of Conduct by another member they are under an obligation to notify ITPN.
Breaches of the Code of Conduct may also be brought to the attention of ITPN by others who are not members of ITPN.
Any breach of the Code of Conduct brought to the attention of ITPN, or of which ITPN becomes aware, will be considered under the Institute’s Disciplinary procedures.
Correspondence in connection with this Code of Conduct should be directed to:
Professional Competence and Integrity team,
Central Administration Office:
The Institute for Tourism Professionals of
Nigeria: 14 Ubiaja Crescent,
off Ladoke Akintola Boulevard,
Garki II FCT – ABUJA Nigeria.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Tel: +234(0) 811 959 9908